Stepankova Irina Vladimirovna, Postgraduate student, Russian State Agrarian University – Moscow Timiryazev Agrarian Academy (49, Timiryazevskaya street, Moscow, Russia), E-mail: email@example.com
Kidov Artem Aleksandrovich, Candidate of biological sciences, associate professor, sub-department of zoology, Russian State Agrarian University – Moscow Timiryazev Agrarian Academy (49, Timiryazevskaya street, Moscow, Russia), E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Background. Moscow is the largest city in Russia and is exposed to the greatest anthropogenic impact. In this regard, amphibians in urban areas are an extremely vulnerable group and their populations need to be monitored. Forest Experimental Station of Timiryazev Academy is located in the Timiryazevsky District of the Northern Administrative District of Moscow on 232 ha of fenced forest. Amphibians of this territory were not studied before. The purpose of this work: the inventory of Amphibian fauna in the Forest Experimental Station of Timiryazev Academy.
Materials and methods. Records of amphibians on water reservoirs were carried out in the period from April 15 to May 15, 2018. The research in land biotopes were carried out mainly in the evening (from 18:30 to 21:30) from June 15 to July 22, 2018. The width of the itinerary was 4–5 meters.
Results. On territory of the Forest Experimental Station were found three species of Amphibians: the common newt, Lissotriton vulgaris; the moor frog, Rana arvalis; the common frog, R. temporaria. Reproduction was registered only in two fishless ponds. By the number of individuals encountered, the common frog was superior to the moor frog. In the summer, the number of R. temporaria on different itineraries was 12,0–30,0 specimens/km, and R. arvalis – 4,7–17,3 specimens/km.
Conclusions. The authors believe that the most important limiting factors for amphibians in the Forest Experimental Station of Timiryazev Academy are contamination of spawning ponds and introduction of the rotan, Perccottus glenii.
1. Kuz'min S. L. Nauka v Rossii [Science in Russia]. 1994, no. 1, p. 68. [In Russian]
2. Kuzmin S. L. Oryx. 1996, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 24–30.
3. Measuring and monitoring biological diversity: standard methods for Amphibians. Ed. by W. R. Heyer, M. A. Donnelly, R. W. McDiarmid, L.-A. C. Hayek, M. S. Foster. Washington; London: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1994, 364 p.
4. Pyastolova O. A., Trubetskaya E. A. Bioindikatsiya nazemnykh ekosistem. Ser.: Nauchnye doklady [Bioindication of ground ecosystems. Series: scientific reports]. Sverdlovsk: Institut ekologii rasteniy i zhivotnykh UrO RAN, 1990, pp. 18–30. [In Russian]
5. Bol'shakov V. N., Pyastolova O. A., Vershinin V. L. Ekologiya [Ecology]. 2001, no. 5, pp. 343–354. [In Russian]
6. Vershinin V. L. Ekologiya [Ecology]. 1995, no. 4, pp. 299–306. [In Russian]
7. Vershinin V. L. Ekologiya [Ecology]. 1996, no. 2, pp. 137–141. [In Russian]
8. Vershinin V. L. Doklady Akademii nauk [Reports of the Russian Academy of Sciences]. 2004, vol. 396, no. 2, pp. 280–282. [In Russian]
9. Bobrov V. V., Kuz'min S. L., Semenov D. V. Ekologicheskie issledovaniya v Moskve i Moskovskoy oblasti: zhivotnyy mir [Environmental studies in Moscow and the Moscow region: wildlife]. Moscow: In-t problem ekologii i evolyutsii im. A. N. Severtsova RAN, 1995, pp. 29–37. [In Russian]
10. Semenov D. V., Leont'eva O. A., Pavlinov I. Ya. Byulleten' Moskovskogo obshchestva ispytateley prirody. Otdel biologicheskiy [Bulletin of Moscow Society of Naturalists. Department of biology]. 2000, vol. 105, no. 2, pp. 3–9. [In Russian]
11. Makeeva B. M., Belokon' M. M., Malyuchenko O. P., Leont'eva O. A. Genetika [Genetics]. 2006, vol. 42, no. 5, pp. 628–642. [In Russian]
12. Bobrov V. V., Semenov D. V. Vestnik Tambovskogo universiteta. Ser.: Estestvennye i tekhnicheskie nauki [Bulletin of Tambov State University. Series: Natural and technical sciences]. 2013, vol. 18, no. 6-1, pp. 2984–2987. [In Russian]
13. Kuz'min S. L. Zemnovodnye byvshego SSSR [Amphibians of the former USSR]. Moscow: Tovarishchestvo nauchnykh izdaniy KMK, 2012, 369 p. [In Russian]
14. Ob obrazovanii gosudarstvennykh prirodookhrannykh byudzhetnykh uchrezhdeniy goroda Moskvy po upravleniyu osobo okhranyaemymi prirodnymi territoriyami po administrativno-territorial'nomu printsipu: postanovlenie Pravitel'stva RF ot 18 avgusta 2009 g. № 782 [On the formation of state environmental budgetary institutions of Moscow for the management of specially protected natural territories according to the administrative-territorial principle: Regulation of the Government of the Russian Federation from 18th of August, 2009 № 782]. Ofitsial'nyy sayt Mera Moskvy. Available at: https://www.mos.ru/authority/documents/doc/15096220 (accessed May 15, 2018). [In Russian]
15. Naumov V. D., Polyakov A. N. 145 let Lesnoy opytnoy dache RGAU-MSKhA imeni K. A. Timiryazeva [145 years of forest experimental station of Russian State Agrarian University – Moscow Timiryazev Agrarian Academy]. Moscow: RGAU-MSKhA imeni K. A. Timiryazeva, 2009, 511 p. [In Russian]
16. Polyakov A. N., Naumov V. D. Izvestiya Timiryazevskoy sel'skokhozyaystvennoy akademii [Proceedings of Moscow Timiryazev Agrarian Academy]. 2012, no. 6, pp. 176–185. [In Russian]
17. Leont'eva O. A., Semenov D. V. Uspekhi sovremennoy biologii [Advances in modern biology]. 1997, vol. 117, no. 6, pp. 726–737. [In Russian]
18. Leont'eva O. A., Makeeva V. M. Sbornik trudov VNII – priroda [Proceedings of All-Russian Research Institute – nature]. Moscow, 2009, pp. 82–90. [In Russian]
19. Krasnaya kniga goroda Moskvy [The Red Book of Moscow]. Execut. ed. B. L. Samoylov, G. V. Morozova. 2nd ed., rev. and suppl. Moscow: Departament prirodopol'zovaniya i okhrany okruzhayushchey sredy goroda Moskvy: Ekologicheskiy fond razvitiya gorodskoy sredy «Ekogorod», 2011, 928 p. [In Russian]
20. Gashkova O. N., Sukhaya O. V., Mashkova O. A., Rykov S. V. Vestnik Rossiyskogo universiteta druzhby narodov [Bulletin of RUDN ]. 2009, no. 3, pp. 77–82. [In Russian]
21. Nasimovich Yu. A. Annotirovannyy spisok nazvaniy rek, ruch'ev i ovragov Moskvy [An annotated list of names of rivers, stream and ravines in Moscow]. Moscow: VNII okhrany prirody Minprirody RF, 1996, 114 p. [In Russian]
22. Orlova V. F., Tuniev B. S. Byulleten' Moskovskogo obshchestva ispytateley prirody. Otdel biologicheskiy [Bulletin of Moscow Society of Naturalists. Department of biology]. 1989, vol. 94, no. 3, pp. 13–23. [In Russian]
23. Reshetnikov A. N. Vliyanie rotana, Perccottus glenii, na amfibiy v malykh vodoemakh: dis. kand. biol. nauk: 03.08.18 [The effect of rotan, Perscottus genius, on amphibians in small ponds: dissertation to apply for the degree of the candidate of biological sciences]. Moscow: IPEE RAN, 2003, 179 p. [In Russian]